Getting BIM Right, In Practice & Contractually Speaking:
And How the New ConsensusDocs BIM Addendum Can Help
Presented by Brian Perlberg, ConsensusDOCS
Carl Roberts, Ballard Spahr LLP
What is the state of the art in BIM and how should you contract, manage and execute it most effectively on a project? BIM is an established practice in the A/E/C community but still relatively new and evolving rapidly. ConsensusDocs has just comprehensively updated its standard BIM document based on today’s evolving practices, terminology and knowledge.
This program provides best practices regarding reliance on the model and outlining how to execute a BIM Execution plan, including how to address full lifecycle use of BIM, cost, schedule and maintenance.
Listen to this program to learn how to:
- Address contractual and legal implications of using BIM
- Outline a BIM Execution Plan that is tailored to your project needs including full life cycle use, 4D (schedule), 5D (cost) and a wide range of additional model analyses, as well as application of operation and maintenance (O&M) tools that rely on the 3D model
- Better insure against risks unique to BIM model development and exchange
- Set up intellectual property rights in models
- Establish secure, reliable model data exchange and management of technical processes needed for model development
- Customize your BIM contract documents based upon the anticipated project delivery method (design-bid-build, CM, design/build, integrated project delivery)
- And, much more!
Make BIM the success it deserves to be on your projects. This 90-minute webinar will address the state of the art of BIM usage and how best practices should be incorporated into your contracting policies.
Who Will Benefit:
This recorded webinar is a must if you’re a construction owner, consultant, engineer, architect, subcontractor or construction attorney.
Meet Your Expert Presenters:
Brian M. Perlberg, Esq.
Brian Perlberg is Executive Director & Senior Counsel for ConsensusDocs, a coalition of 40 leading construction organizations dedicated to drafting best practice construction contracts. Mr. Perlberg is the lead staff person responsible for the content of ConsensusDocs 100+ standard contracts that guide the A/E/C industry. He is also in-house counsel for the AGC of America for all construction law and contract matters. In addition, Mr. Perlberg serves on the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry Steering Committee for the Contract Documents, National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee (NCDRC) of the Arbitration Association of America (AAA), the Construction SuperConference Board, and WPL Publishing Advisory Board.
Carl G. Roberts
Carl G. Roberts has been involved in a wide variety of commercial and real estate litigation matters in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and other parts of the country. He also has significant experience in noncompetition and trade secrets litigation, particularly involving technology concerns in computer software contracting litigation. Mr. Roberts has written on and litigated electronic discovery issues, is knowledgeable in document management retention and record preservation policies and practices, and regularly counsels clients on such issues.